Site Lead APP
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to practice and lead our APP team in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Lead Emergency Medicine APP/APRN
The Site Lead APP oversees system-level administration, direction, and coordination of operational and financial functions for APPs at a designated facility. They are responsible for various domains, including administration, workforce planning, regulatory oversight, clinical practice, and development/training programs.
In collaboration with physicians, nursing, and operational leaders, the Lead APP provides system leadership aligned with APW and site-specific health system goals. Reporting to the site’s Medical Director with a matrixed relationship to the Executive C-Suite, the Lead APP collaborates cross-functionally with clinical departments and leaders. Additionally, they address broader workforce development issues, such as APP/intern workforce planning and program development. Reporting mechanisms involve regular communication with the site’s Medical Director and the Hospital Administrator or designee.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Have leadership experience in a hospital setting.
- Be interested in relocating to Cheyenne, or withing a reasonable driving distance.
- Have at least 3 (ideally 5+) years of experience in the emergency department as a licensed APP or APRN.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Have continued professional and leadership growth.
- Have flexible scheduling options.
- Lead by example.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facilities
Living in Cheyenne
Cheyenne has wild-west roots and is still home to cowboys and the world’s largest outdoor rodeo. It is the capital of Wyoming and the site of F.E. Warren Air Force Base. Set against a backdrop of mountains and vibrant sunsets, Cheyenne offers a small community feel with easy access to amenities you expect from larger cities. If you are the adventurous type, you can enjoy world-class mountain biking, climbing, and camping in the Cheyenne area. It is also nestled in close proximity to destinations such as Fort Collins, CO (just one hour away) and Denver and Rocky Mountain National Park (both less than two hours away). Our providers enjoy having access to everything they need nearby, without sacrificing a strong sense of community and peace and quiet. Learn more about Cheyenne here.
About Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1867 as a frontier “tent” hospital, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center has deep roots in the Cheyenne, Wyoming community. Since its founding, the hospital has been dedicated to serving others— starting with the trans-continental railroad laborers it first served. Today, it is a 222-bed acute care hospital that maintains its pioneering spirit, continually determined to provide world-class care with compassion. The hospital, along with its community partners, ensures that Laramie Country residents are able to access the essential health and wellness services they need.
- Patient Volume: 1.3 -1.5/hr.
- EMR: Epic
- Regional Level II Trauma Center
- 42 Bed Emergency department
- Shifts: 7am-6pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-10pm, 2pm-11pm, 5pm-5am,
- Flexible Scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $90/hour for clinical hours and a monthly stipend of $4500 for administrative work.
- This is a full-time position with a mix of clinical and administrative duties.
- Clinical = average of 90 hours per month
- Administrative= approx. 30 hours per month
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance—No cost premiums for employees.
- 401K with 5% match
- 1 Year track to partnership (APPs included)
- No state income tax for those residing in Wyoming.
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT)(Business expense reimbursement account )
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other annual bonus opportunities
- Organization will supply laptop and other needed office supplies/equipment.
- Departmental Operations/Leadership – to include quality patient care, team development with measurable outcomes, coordination with hospital administrators, policy support, investigation of patient complaints and maintenance of efficient workflow between departments.
- Financial Management – engaged in improvement of financial outcomes, goal setting, creation of business plan(s) to include cost justification and benefit analysis.
- Patient Care Activities– to include reviewing of patient records and outcomes, ensuring of timely monthly reviews for EM patient care, coordination with hospital leadership, and high level of involvement with patient grievances related to APP’s. understanding the laws regarding confidentiality of patient information. Able to perform all necessary procedures.
- Administrative function – will include but is not limited to; Evaluation of APP’s, contributing to the success of APW, assessment of problems and date and integrations of improvements, work flow improvements, time management, appropriate task delegation, staying abreast of changing healthcare environment and strategic integration of changes, clear communication and articulation of quality/safe patient care, demonstration of achievable and measurable results, holds self and other accountable to policies, standards and commitments, promotes TEAM attitude and growth, management of interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships, completes peer reviews, has a deep familiarity with “JCAHO” criteria, attends monthly meetings with medical director and hospital administrators, and will maintain strong communication skills to speak with colleagues, patients, and patient families.
- Scheduling– Responsible for overseeing and managing the APP schedules for their specific site – will work closely with and collaborate with APW scheduler. Goal of publishing schedules is 90 days in advance.
- Community Relations – to include being available for media interviews, participation ins community events for health-related organizations, encouraging of APPs to direct patient and public education activities, and willingness to develop resources by way of networking.
- Recruiting involvement – to include timely responsiveness to the AP recruiter as it pertains to new applicants, Will be available to conduct the clinical phase of the interview process, timely communication with recruiting on candidate evaluation, assisting and being a part of the applicant site visits, and assists with development and implementation of retention strategies.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
-Master or Doctorate’s Degree in Nursing
-Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
All necessary life support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Minimum 3 years full-time ED clinical experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinical leadership
· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium-Level Work: To include exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammates
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Additional expectations include:
- To walk with integrity and treat all members of the team and host Hospital with the same level of respect you would like to be treated with
- Attend meetings with both Aligned Providers Wyoming and the host Hospital and do so in a value-added manner.
- Brief leadership and keep them on developments and potential upcoming issues.
- Present to the Board of Aligned Providers Wyoming or host hospital
- APP rounding and feedback that provides company leadership and direction.
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an interview.
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.