Site Lead APP
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to lead our APP team in Saratoga, Wyoming.
The Site Lead APP oversees system-level administration, direction, and coordination of operational and financial functions for APPs at a designated facility. They are responsible for various domains, including administration, workforce planning, regulatory oversight, clinical practice, and development/training programs.
In collaboration with physicians, nursing, and operational leaders, the Lead APP provides system leadership aligned with APW and site-specific health system goals. Reporting to the site’s Medical Director with a matrixed relationship to the Executive C-Suite, the Lead APP collaborates cross-functionally with clinical departments and leaders.
Additionally, they address broader workforce development issues, such as APP/intern workforce planning and program development. Reporting mechanisms involve regular communication with the site’s Medical Director and the Hospital Administrator or designee.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Be comfortable working in rural settings.
- Have leadership experience in a hospital setting.
- Be interested in relocating to Saratoga, or withing a reasonable driving distance.
- Have at least 3 (but ideally 5+) years of experience in the emergency department as a licensed APP or APRN.
- Be comfortable working independently as solo practitioner with telephonic physician backup.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Have an impactful contribution to rural community health.
- Have continued professional and leadership growth.
- Practice at the tip of the spear as an APP in emergency medicine
- Have flexible scheduling options.
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Lead by example.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facilities
Living in Saratoga, Wyoming
Saratoga, Wyoming, nestled in the scenic south-central region of the state, is renowned for its captivating, laid-back ambiance, enveloped by the awe-inspiring natural splendor of the Snowy Range Mountains and the meandering North Platte River. The town presents a plethora of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, be it for hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing, or simply savoring the awe-inspiring mountain vistas. Saratoga is distinguished by its close-knit, amiable community, fostering an inviting environment that’s ideal for both raising a family and embracing a serene, unhurried lifestyle. The Saratoga Hot Springs stand out as a significant attraction, providing the perfect setting to unwind and rejuvenate in the embrace of mineral-rich, natural waters.
About North Platte Valley Medical Center
The North Platte Valley Medical Center in Saratoga, Wyoming, stands as a vital healthcare institution serving the local community and surrounding areas. Equipped with modern facilities and staffed by a team of dedicated healthcare professionals, the center provides comprehensive medical services and advanced treatments. From primary care and emergency services to specialized care and diagnostic facilities, North Platte Valley Medical Center is committed to ensuring the well-being and health of its patients. Its patient-centric approach, state-of-the-art technology, and commitment to quality healthcare have made it a trusted and valued cornerstone of the Saratoga community.
- Designated Critical Access Hospital
- 5 acute care beds
- 20 extended care beds
- Shifts: 6am to 6am; 24-hour shifts
- Onsite laboratories and inpatient pharmacy
- Advanced imaging, including X-ray, ultrasound, digital mammography, DEXA Scan, CT, and mobile MRI capability.
- Flexible Scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $90/hour for clinical hours
- A monthly stipend of $3000 will be provided for administrative duties for administrative work (this is a flat fee, with no maximum or minimum of hours to complete.)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (No cost premiums for employees; Significant discount on premiums for spouse and family)
- 401K with 4% match
- 1-Year track to partnership (APPs included)
- No state income tax (for those residing in Wyoming.)
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT)(Business expense reimbursement account )
- Sign-on bonus eligibility, plus other annual opportunities
- Organization will supply laptop and other needed office supplies/equipment.
- Departmental Operations/Leadership – This includes ensuring quality patient care, team development with measurable outcomes, coordination with hospital administrators, policy support, investigation of patient complaints, and maintenance of efficient workflows between departments.
- Medical Staff Activities – This will include coordinating and optimizing the performance of the advanced practice providers within the medical staff. This involves conducting regular peer reviews to assess the clinical competency, productivity, and collaborative skills of the APP team. Responsibilities will also include active participation in hospital committees, to contribute insights and recommendations that align with the strategic goals of the organization. The site lead APP role involves fostering a culture of continuous improvement through feedback and professional development initiatives, ensuring that the APP team delivers high-quality patient care in accordance with established standards.
- Patient Care Activities– This includes reviewing patient records and outcomes, ensuring timely monthly reviews for EM patient care, coordinating with hospital leadership, and being highly involved in investigating patient grievances related to APP’s. The role also requires understanding the laws regarding confidentiality of patient information. Site leads must be able to perform all necessary procedures.
- Administrative functions – Responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to: the evaluation of APPs, contributions to the success of APW, and ongoing assessments of problems (along with recorded dates and improvements made). Adminisitrative functions will also include: work flow improvements, time management, appropriate task delegation, and staying abreast of changing healthcare environment practices. Also necessary will be a strategic integration of changes, with clear communications to staff articulating the need for high-quality and safe patient care. The site lead APP will demonstrate achievable and measurable results, will hold self and others accountable to policies, set standards and commitments, and promote a team attitude. In addition, the site lead APP will oversee growth, manage interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships, complete peer reviews, and have a deep familiarity with “JCAHO” criteria. The site lead APP will attend monthly meetings with the medical director and hospital administrators. They will also will maintain strong communication skills to speak with colleagues, patients, and patient families.
- Scheduling– The site lead APP will be responsible for overseeing and managing the APP schedules for their specific site. They will work closely with and collaborate with APW’s scheduler. The goal is to be publishing schedules 90 days in advance.
- Community Relations- These responsibilities will include being available for media interviews, participating in community events for health-related organizations, and encouraging APPs to direct patient and public education activities. This role will also require a willingness to network to continue developing resources outside of APW.
- Recruiting Involvement – This will include timely responsiveness to the AP recruiter as it pertains to new applicants. The site lead APP should be available to conduct the clinical phase of the interview process. They should also have timely communication with the recruiter for the purposes of candidate evaluation, assisting the applicant site visits. Finally, Saratoga’s site lead APP will be assisting with development and implementation of retention strategies.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
-Master or Doctorate’s Degree in Nursing.
-Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
– Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
– All necessary life support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Minimum 3 years full-time ED clinical experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinical leadership
· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium-Level Challenge: This could include exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. It could include a more frequent need to lift up to 10 pounds of force regularly, when moving objects.
Expectations of Teammates
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Additional expectations include:
- To walk with integrity and treat all members of the team and host hospital with the same level of respect they would expect to be treated.
- Attend meetings with both Aligned Providers Wyoming and the host Hospital and do so in a value-added manner.
- Provide leadership updates to keep them current on developments and potentially upcoming issues.
- Present to the Board of Aligned Providers Wyoming or host hospital
- APP rounding and feedback that provides company leadership and direction.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where they are empowered to take ownership of their practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities they serve. We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and contact our recruiter below with any questions.
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.