Emergency Medicine Physician
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician to join our group and practice EM in Torrington, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine Physician or Family Medicine Physician
This unique and dynamic opportunity for an experienced physician combines the expertise of emergency medicine with a broader scope encompassing family medicine. Ideal candidates will be board-certified in emergency medicine, bringing a wealth of experience and proficiency in managing diverse and critical medical cases.
Additionally, family medicine physicians with substantial background in emergency medicine are also eligible for this opening, provided they hold board certification in family medicine and maintain current ATLS certification. This unique role involves a versatile skill set to handle a wide range of medical scenarios, emphasizing both acute care in emergency situations and comprehensive family healthcare. Successful candidates will play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality patient care, demonstrating adaptability, and contributing to the seamless integration of emergency and family medicine practices within our healthcare facility.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Be interested in relocating to Torrington or within a reasonable driving distance.
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments.
- Will be interested in long-term employment.
- Be willing and open to provide coverage at multiple sites in WY as needed.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient!
- Work with diverse patient demographics
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions. At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Torrington, Wyoming
Torrington offers a charming blend of natural beauty, community warmth, and recreational opportunities, making it an inviting destination to live or visit. Nestled against the scenic backdrop of the Laramie Range, Torrington boasts breathtaking landscapes, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts seeking hiking, fishing, and wildlife watching. The town’s friendly atmosphere and close-knit community provide a welcoming environment for residents and visitors alike, fostering a sense of belonging.
Additionally, Torrington hosts various cultural events, local festivals, and historical sites, such as the Homesteader’s Museum, offering a glimpse into the region’s rich heritage. With its affordable cost of living, safe neighborhoods, and proximity to outdoor adventures, Torrington stands as a testament to the simple joys of life and the beauty found in small-town living.
About Community Hospital
Community Hospital opened its doors in 1977 as a critical access hospital for southeast Wyoming and the bordering Nebraska communities. Having recently completed a $27 million remodel and expansion, this incredible facility has added 13,000 square feet and fully renovated and upgraded critical access area.
The new construction includes: two new operating rooms, an outpatient entry and waiting/reception area, a dedicated blood draw area, private mammography, and ultrasound rooms. It also includes a dedicated cardiac rehabilitation room, sterile clean core areas, and new equipment for anesthesia, as well as an anesthesia office, doctor lounge, staff locker room, environmental services storage, and sterile processing capabilities and sterile corridor. The new building will also include renovations to the pre-and post-operation area. There will also be endoscopy, imaging support, and upgrades to the labs, administration offices, and main lobby and business offices. Patient access services and shell space for a future on-site pharmacy were also completed during this project.
- Nurse to patient ratio: 1 to 3
- 25-bed hospital
- Patient per year avg: 3048
- 24-hour shifts
- Full time is equivalent to 5 shifts per month.
- Shifts are divided into 4 days per week of physician coverage, and 3 days per week of APP/APRN coverage.
- Flexible scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $180/hr
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance– No cost premiums for employees. Significant discount on premiums for spouse + family.
- 401K with 4% match
- 1 Year track to partnership (APPs included)
- No state income tax (for those residing in WY)
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT)(Business expense reimbursement account )
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other annual bonus opportunities.
- Rapid Assessment: Conduct prompt and thorough assessments of patients presenting with acute medical conditions or injuries, using advanced diagnostic skills to identify critical issues.
- Stabilization and Treatment: Initiate immediate interventions and provide emergency medical care to stabilize patients, addressing life-threatening conditions and ensuring a rapid response to emergencies.
- Coordination of Care: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including nurses, paramedics, and other specialists, to ensure coordinated and efficient patient care during emergencies.
- Diagnostic Procedures: Perform and interpret various diagnostic procedures, such as X-rays, CT scans, and laboratory tests, to aid in the accurate diagnosis of emergency cases.
- Procedural Skills: Possess expertise in emergency procedures such as intubation, central line placement, and trauma resuscitation, demonstrating proficiency in handling critical medical situations.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with patients, their families, and other healthcare professionals to convey diagnoses, treatment plans, and provide emotional support during stressful situations.
- Continuous Learning and Training: Stay updated on the latest advancements in emergency medicine, participate in ongoing training, and maintain certifications to ensure a high level of competence in managing diverse emergency scenarios.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
MD or DO
· Board Certified in either Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine
· WY State license (pending is acceptable at time of application)
· ATLS, PALs and ACLS certification (only needed for family medicine providers)
· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization.
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium-level work: To exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; up to 10 pounds of force to move objects regularly.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and contact our recruiter below with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.