Emergency Medicine Physician
Aligned Providers Wyoming seeks an experienced Emergency Medicine Physician to join our group and practice in Gillette, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine Physician
As an Emergency Medicine Physician, you will play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality and compassionate emergency medical care to patients in Gillette, Wyoming. Responsibilities include assessing and treating a diverse range of medical emergencies, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, and ensuring efficient and effective patient management. Qualified candidates will possess a board certification in Emergency Medicine and have completed an emergency medicine residency, demonstrated exceptional clinical acumen, and exhibited strong communication skills. Aligned Providers Wyoming is committed to fostering a supportive work environment that promotes professional growth and the highest standards of patient care.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Be comfortable working in rural settings.
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments.
- Be interested in relocating to the area, or within a reasonable commuting distance.
- Be interested in full-time employment.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient.
- Have long-term growth within an actively growing group.
- Have partnership opportunities.
- Have a healthy work/life balance.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions. At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Gillette, Wyoming
Offering a scenic setting between the Big Horns and the Black Hills, Gillette, Wyoming is an incredibly beautiful and fun place to be. Residents enjoy diverse activities like biking, camping, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling through the seasons. If you love live music, rodeos, theater, and food, you’ll be in good company. Gillette is home to more than 70 restaurants, as well as Wyoming’s first meadery. The community has a young demographic and provides excellent schools, sports, and activities for children of all ages. As a tax-free state, Wyoming also boasts a variety of housing options, with a mid-size house averaging lower prices than many areas in the U.S. Learn more about Gillette here.
About Campbell County Health
Since its beginnings in 1953, Campbell County Health has grown to encompass Campbell County Memorial Hospital, a community hospital in Gillette, along with nearly 20 clinics. It also contains the Legacy Living & Rehabilitation Center for long-term care, and the Powder River Surgery Center. Designated as an Area Trauma Hospital by the State of Wyoming, the facility houses approximately 80 physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners across 20 specialties. With over 21,000 patient visits annually, this new facility presents an exceptional rural medicine opportunity.
- Patient Volume: 1.1 -1.3/hr.
- EMR: Pulse Check (will be changing to Epic in March)
- Designated Trauma Center
- 22 Bed ED (2 Trauma and 4 Fast Track)
- Shifts: 6am-6pm, 10am-10pm, 6pm-6am
- Block shift options for full-time candidates
- Flexible scheduling: full or part-time opportunities available (with flexible shift options)
- Competitive pay: $238.82-262.69/hr
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance– No cost premiums for employees
- 401K with 4% match
- 1 year track to partnership
- No state income tax (if residing in Wyoming)
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT) (Business expense reimbursement account)
- Semi-annual and annual bonus opportunities
- Sign-on bonus eligibility
- $100,000 relocation or student loan payment available for well qualified candidates.
- Rapid Assessment: Conduct prompt and thorough assessments of patients presenting with acute medical conditions or injuries, using advanced diagnostic skills to identify critical issues.
- Stabilization and Treatment: Initiate immediate interventions and provide emergency medical care to stabilize patients, addressing life-threatening conditions and ensuring a rapid response to emergencies.
- Coordination of Care: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including nurses, paramedics, and other specialists, to ensure coordinated and efficient patient care during emergencies.
Diagnostic Procedures: Perform and interpret various diagnostic procedures, such as X-rays, CT scans, and laboratory tests, to aid in the accurate diagnosis of emergency cases.
Procedural Skills: Possess expertise in emergency procedures such as intubation, central line placement, and trauma resuscitation, demonstrating proficiency in handling critical medical situations.
Communication: Effectively communicate with patients, their families, and other healthcare professionals to convey diagnoses, treatment plans, and provide emotional support during stressful situations.
- Continuous Learning and Training: Stay updated on the latest advancements in emergency medicine, participate in ongoing training, and maintain certifications to ensure a high level of competence in managing diverse emergency scenarios.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
· MD or DO
· Must have completed an ACGME- AOA accredited residency or related fellowship
· Board Certified (ABEM/AOBEM)
· WY State license (pending is acceptable at time of application)
· New Grads are encouraged to apply.
|· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization.
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required.
Medium Work – Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an interview.
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.