Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to join our group and practice in the Emergency Department in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine APP/APRN
As an Emergency Medicine Advanced Practice Provider, you will play a critical role in delivering high-quality and efficient patient care in emergency department settings. Collaborating closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, you will assess, diagnose, and treat a diverse range of acute medical conditions, injuries, and emergencies.
Your responsibilities will include performing comprehensive physical examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, initiating treatment plans, and coordinating patient care. Additionally, you will be instrumental in triaging patients, providing timely interventions, and ensuring effective communication within the interdisciplinary team. With a focus on rapid decision-making and a strong commitment to patient advocacy, you will contribute to the delivery of compassionate and evidence-based emergency medicine services, making a significant impact on the well-being of individuals during critical moments of healthcare need.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Have at least 1 (ideally 2+) years of experience working as an APP/APRN in the ED.
- Be interested in relocating to Cheyenne, or withing a reasonable driving distance.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Have continued professional and clinical growth in the ED.
- Have flexible scheduling options.
- Have opportunities to teach others.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Cheyenne
Cheyenne has wild-west roots and is still home to cowboys and the world’s largest outdoor rodeo. It is the capital of Wyoming and the site of F.E. Warren Air Force Base. Set against a backdrop of mountains and vibrant sunsets, Cheyenne offers a small community feel with easy access to amenities you expect from larger cities. If you are the adventurous type, you can enjoy world-class mountain biking, climbing, and camping in the Cheyenne area. It is also nestled in close proximity to destinations such as Fort Collins, CO (just one hour away) and Denver and Rocky Mountain National Park (both less than two hours away). Our providers enjoy having access to everything they need nearby, without sacrificing a strong sense of community and peace and quiet.
About Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1867 as a frontier “tent” hospital, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center has deep roots in the Cheyenne, Wyoming community. Since its founding, the hospital has been dedicated to serving others— starting with the trans-continental railroad laborers it first served. Today, it is a 222-bed acute care hospital that maintains its pioneering spirit, continually determined to provide world-class care with compassion. The hospital, along with its community partners, ensures that Laramie Country residents are able to access the essential health and wellness services they need.
- Patient Volume: 1.3 -1.5/hr.
- EMR: Epic
- Regional Level II Trauma Center
- 42 Bed Emergency department
- Shifts: 7am-6pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-10pm, 2pm-11pm, 5pm-5am.
- Flexible scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $72-76/hr
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance—No cost premiums for employees.
- 401K with 5% match
- 1 Year track to partnership (APP’s included)
- No state income tax for those residing in Wyoming.
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT)
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other bonus opportunities.
- Provide patient care under stressful conditions.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care; to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs with other team members as required.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform minor procedures.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
|Master or Doctorate’s Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
-Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
-All necessary life-support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Minimum 1 year(s) ED clinical experience
· Preferred 2+ years’ experience working as licensed PA/NP in the ED
|· US Citizen or appropriate work authorization
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required.
Medium-Level Exertion. May include lifting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an interview.
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.