Site Lead APP
Multiple Opportunities Across Wyoming and Nebraska
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to lead APP teams Wyoming and Nebraska. Apply to discuss which facility is the best fit for you.
About the Opportunity
The Site Lead APP provides system-level administration, direction, coordination and evaluation of the operational, financial functions and activities for APP’s at their designated facility.
The Site Lead APP is responsible for the vision, strategy, direction, and performance of various domains to include administration and leadership, workforce planning and utilization, scope of practice and regulatory oversight, ambulatory and outpatient clinical practice, professional performance, development/training and other programs and processes of APP support.
In partnership with physician, nursing and operational leaders, the Lead APP provides system leadership to meet the strategies, goals, and performance targets of APW and the site-specific Health systems mission, strategic plan, and APP workforce needs.
The Site Lead APP is responsible directly to the site Medical Director with a matrixed relationship to the executive c-suite and works cross-functionally with other clinical departments and leaders across APW as a whole and the Health system.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the Lead APP will work on broader workforce development issues. These may include workforce planning for APPs/interns, program development for certain clinical areas and clinical team development for APPs.
This position will report to the site Medical Director or designee on administrative and clinical matters and to the Hospital Administrator or his/her designee in accordance with the reporting mechanisms developed by the Hospital system.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position include the following, but not limited to key items:
This is a full time position (at least 90 hours per month)
- Provides an experience and environment of patient-centered care
- Incorporates the Health systems vision, missions and values in goals and programs within APP’s
- Develops and manages operational initiatives with measurable outcomes
- Acts as the professional liaison of the APP’s practicing in the Emergency Department
- Works closely with the Hospital Administrator or his/her designee to solve departmental problems; improve departmental efficiency, create a professional atmosphere conducive to a high standard of patient care, and investigate patient complaints and incident reports
- Supports Hospital’s policies pertaining to providers and patient care
- Works with Hospital executives and appropriate ancillary Department leadership to review existing policies and develop new policies as the need arises
- Works closely with the nurse manager of the Emergency Department (or person of similar position) to ensure a high standard of patient care; to ensure that proper patient care protocols are developed and maintained; to coordinate workflow between the Hospital and Emergency Department, and other appropriate ancillary Departments within the Hospital
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve financial outcomes, engaging staff in the process
- Establishes annual financial goals and actively uses benchmarking to high performing systems in similar areas of expertise to set annual targets
- Monitors and analyzes financial data and utilizes for decisions regarding FTE’s, staffing and operational budget
- Creates business plan(s), justifying variances and analyzing cost benefit of programs
Patient Care Activities:
- Reviews Emergency Department patient records for appropriate documentation, assessment of appropriateness of treatment, appropriateness of tests ordered, and assessment of appropriateness of fees for APP services rendered
- Responsible for assuring that a timely review of emergency patient care is performed and documented; the review shall be performed at least monthly and shall involve the use of medical records and pre-established criteria
- Works with leadership to coordinate other activities as requested by the Hospital or medical staff
- Remains highly involved with patient grievances related to APP’s
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of the site APP’s, and their performance shall be evaluated on the basis of their professional attitude, professional capabilities, patient relation attitudes, and overall effectiveness as an EM provider
- Contributes to the success of APW and the Health system by providing leadership, direction and coordination of operations and finances for area of responsibility
- Continually assesses all services, identifies problems, utilizes data to analyze and propose innovative approaches for solutions
- Engages staff and other stakeholders in continuous improvement of systems and processes; manages resources for staff participation in improvement work activities
- Organizes and prioritizes time and resources to manage efficiently.
- Appropriately delegates
- Innovates, leads, and supports advanced programming and research that maximizes APP’s in progressive new models of health care and delivery and value-based care
- Maintains current and in-depth knowledge of a rapidly changing health care environment and national APP workforce demands, strategically integrating this knowledge into APW and site health strategies, business functions and resources for effective action, results, and innovation
- Articulates and enforces standards for quality/safe patient care
- Demonstrates achievable and measurable results and develops action plans for improvement
- Initiates, monitors, and enforces regulatory requirements
- Holds self and others accountable to policy, standards, and commitments, and provides timely follow through on questions and concerns
- Ensures development of APP initiatives to improve patient satisfaction
- Effectively facilitates meetings at APP and organizational levels
- Articulates and presents data, information, and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Manages complex interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships to assure collaboration and effective/efficient operations within APPs
- Complies with peer review activities and is actively involved in peer review
- Must have a deep familiarization with the criteria for emergency services as established by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (“JCAHO”)
- Attends monthly meetings as required by the site Medical Director and Hospital Administration
- Responsible for reviewing 10% of chart volumes
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the APP schedule(s) for their specific site
- Responsible for validating the schedule before it’s published, with a goal of publishing each schedule ninety (90) days in advance
- Creates and maintains a satisfying workplace that fosters professional growth and job satisfaction
- Identifies lack of competency in performance and establishes a plan which includes goals, interventions, and measures
- Be available for interviews with area media representatives
- Participates in community committees as appropriate and support local drives for health-related organizations
- Encourages Hospital staff and APP’s to direct patient and public education activities, and participate in that public education, where appropriate
- Develops knowledge and resources through networking, continuing education, and participation in national, regional and/or local activities
- May be called upon to conduct application evaluations, applicant interviews, and applicant tour
- Develops and implements recruitment and retention strategies that support a culture of service
- Provides opportunities for aspiring clinicians and leaders to develop skills to meet career goals
- Perform other duties related to the Department as assigned by the Hospitals’ CEOs (or his/her designee) from time to time
- Perform other duties as assigned by APW leadership from time to time
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust- Always do the right thing
- Growth- Continuously build on past success
- Partnership- Every relationship is essential to our success
- Quality- Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations
A successful Lead APP will possess a set of prerequisite skills to qualify for this position:
- Leadership skills marked by a collaborative team orientation
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop with a growing company
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management level
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Deft organizational skills and project management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Additional expectations include:
- To walk with integrity and treat all members of the team and host Hospital with the same level of respect you would like to be treated with
- Attend meetings with both Aligned Providers Wyoming and the host Hospital and do so in a value-added manner
- Provide leadership current on developments and potential upcoming issues
- Present to the Board of Aligned Providers Wyoming or host Hospital
- APP rounding and feedback that provides company leadership and direction
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Master’s or Doctorate’s degree in Nursing -or –
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
Board Certified with appropriate state licensure
Knowledge & Skills
See expectations of Teammate
Medium Work – Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
- Travel may be required
- Organization will supply laptop and other office equipment
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions. At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
About the Communities
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Competitive compensation
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
Want to Learn More? Contact Us
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and contact our HR director (contact info below) with any questions.
Director of Human Resources
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.