Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to join our group and practice in the emergency department in Laramie, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine APP/APRN
As an Emergency Medicine Advanced Practice Provider, you will play a critical role in delivering high-quality and efficient patient care in emergency department settings. Collaborating closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, you will assess, diagnose, and treat a diverse range of acute medical conditions, injuries, and emergencies. Your responsibilities will include performing comprehensive physical examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, initiating treatment plans, and coordinating patient care.
Additionally, you will be instrumental in triaging patients, providing timely interventions, and ensuring effective communication within the interdisciplinary team. With a focus on rapid decision-making and a strong commitment to patient advocacy, you will contribute to the delivery of compassionate and evidence-based emergency medicine services, making a significant impact on the well-being of individuals during critical moments of healthcare need.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction
- Have at least 1 but ideally 2+years of experience working as an APP/APRN in the ED.
- Be interested in relocating to Laramie, or withing a reasonable driving distance.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Have continued professional and clinical growth in the ED.
- Have flexible scheduling options.
- Have opportunities to teach others.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Laramie, Wyoming
Laramie, Wyoming is located on the river between the Snowy and Laramie Mountains. Home to the University of Wyoming, it draws outdoor enthusiasts with its abundance of outdoor activities. Providers can easily access everything they need, while also enjoying a strong sense of community, peace, and quiet. Laramie is also close to many Colorado destinations, including Fort Collins, Denver, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
About Ivinson Memorial Hospital
Ivinson Hospital was constructed in 1917 and has provided world-class care to their community ever since. Originally located in a building now occupied by the University of Wyoming Police Department, they expanded in 1968 to their current location at 255 North 30th Street. A state certified trauma hospital with an average patient volume of 11,500, the hospital continues to expand its services to meet the needs of the Laramie community today. Visit here to learn more.
- Average of 20-35 patients per day
- 99-bed hospital
- Physician coverage schedules: 7am-6pm and 6pm-7am
- APP coverage from 11am to 9pm
- Flexible scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $72-76/hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance—No cost premiums for employees.
- 401K with 4% match
- 1 Year track to partnership (APPs included)
- No state income tax for those residing in Wyoming.
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT) (Business expense reimbursement account)
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other annual bonus opportunities.
- Provide patient care under stressful conditions.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care; to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs to other member of staff as required.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform minor procedures
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
-Master or Doctorate’s Degree in Nursing
-Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
-Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
-All necessary life support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Minimum 1 year(s) ED clinical experience
· Preferred 2+ years’ experience working as licensed PA/NP in the ED
· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium Work – Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an interview.
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.