Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Aligned Providers Wyoming seeks an experienced Advanced Practice Provider (APP/APRN) for our location in Kimball, Nebraska.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine APP/APRN
As an Emergency Medicine Advanced Practice Provider, you will play a critical role in delivering high-quality and efficient patient care in emergency department settings. Collaborating closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, you will assess, diagnose, and treat a diverse range of acute medical conditions, injuries, and emergencies. Your responsibilities will include performing comprehensive physical examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, initiating treatment plans, and coordinating patient care.
Additionally, you will be instrumental in triaging patients, providing timely interventions, and ensuring effective communication within the interdisciplinary team. With a focus on rapid decision-making and a strong commitment to patient advocacy, you will contribute to the delivery of compassionate and evidence-based emergency medicine services. You will make a significant impact on the well-being of individuals during critical moments of healthcare need.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Be comfortable working in rural settings.
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments.
- Have and maintain certification in ACLS, ATLS, and PALS
- Have ideally 2+ years of experience post grad in the emergency department.
- Be comfortable working independently as solo practitioner with telephonic physician backup.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient.
- Work with diverse patient demographics.
- Practice at the top of your game as an APP in emergency medicine.
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community.
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Kimball, Nebraska
Tucked in the scenic Lodgepole Valley, Kimball, Nebraska offers the peace and quiet of a rural community with the opportunities of a burgeoning economy. Kimball residents enjoy a short commute, lost cost of living, and a warm sense of community. Beyond the small-town feel, Kimball also offers epic western beauty. As the highest point in Nebraska, Kimball is home to Panorama Point, an outlook 5,424 feet above sea level that overlooks the Rocky Mountains and the peaceful great Nebraska Plains. Learn more about Kimball here.
About Kimball Health Services
Since its beginnings in the mid-1900s, Kimball Health Services (KHS) has grown into a modern, efficient medical facility, serving patients and their families throughout western Nebraska, eastern Wyoming and northeastern Colorado. Though still a critical access hospital, the organization is one of the fastest growing critical access hospitals in the area and has steadily expanded its footprint to accommodate additional services and communities. Today KHS is looking forward to moving into a brand-new facility in 2024.
- Average annual patient volume of 4000
- EMR: EPIC
- Clinic Shifts times: M-F 7a-5p, Sat 7a-3p
- 24-hour shifts will include clinic hours plus on-call/patient rounding
- The new facility will include in-house CT and MRI services, larger inpatient rooms, and amenities, modernized and expanded surgical suites, and new services. (These include mammography, chemotherapy infusions, cardiac rehab, new surgical options, orthopedic procedures, and expanded physical therapy).
*In order to be eligible for benefits you must be either full-time or part-time*
- Flexible scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay $90/hr.
- Medical, Dental Vision insurance. (No cost premiums for employee. Significant discount on premiums for spouse & family.)
- 401(K) with 4% match
- 1-Year track to partnership (APPs included)
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT) (Business expense reimbursement account)
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other annual bonus opportunities.
- Provide patient care under stressful conditions.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care; to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs with other team members as required.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Performing minor procedures.
- Be comfortable working as a solo provider.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
· Master or Doctorate degree in Nursing.
· Bachelor or Master degree in Physician Assistant studies.
· Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
· All necessary life support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Minimum 1 year of ED clinical experience, comfortable without direct physician supervision.
· Preferred 2+ years’ experience working as licensed PA/NP in the ED
|· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization.
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium-Level Challenge: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force regularly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an introductory interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.