Emergency Medicine & Family Practice APP/APRN
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an Experienced Emergency and Family Practice APP/APRN to join our group and practice in Torrington, Wyoming.
About the Opportunity
Emergency Medicine/Family Medicine APP/APRN
As an Advanced Practice Provider in Torrington, you will join our dynamic healthcare team in delivering high-quality and efficient patient care specializing in both Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. This unique position requires expertise in managing diverse medical cases during 24-hour shifts, encompassing the acute and primary care spectrum. The ideal candidate will possess a strong clinical background, demonstrating proficiency in rapid assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of emergent conditions, while also showcasing comprehensive family medicine skills for the delivery of continuous and comprehensive patient care.
This dual-role position demands exceptional communication, critical thinking, and multitasking abilities, as well as a commitment to delivering high-quality healthcare in both urgent and routine settings. With a focus on rapid decision-making and a strong commitment to patient advocacy, you will contribute to the delivery of compassionate and evidence-based emergency medicine services, making a significant impact on the well-being of individuals during critical moments of healthcare need.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction.
- Interested in full-time employment.
- Be local or within a reasonable commuting distance.
- 2+ years of experience post grad working in the emergency department.
- Have at least 1+ year(s) experience in family/primary care medicine.
- Comfortable working independently as solo practitioner with telephonic physician backup.
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient!
- Work with diverse patient demographics
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
We strive to build fulfilled clinical teams that deliver patient-focused care and consistently innovate to improve and thrive. We do so by prioritizing a culture of service and aligning the priorities of hospital and provider teams to provide exceptional patient care.
To advance the practice of medicine by improving the wellbeing of our patient population, providers, hospitals, and the communities we serve.
- Family and Community
About the Community & Facility
Living in Torrington, Wyoming
Torrington offers a charming blend of natural beauty, community warmth, and recreational opportunities, making it an inviting destination to live or visit. Nestled against the scenic backdrop of the Laramie Range, Torrington boasts breathtaking landscapes, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts seeking hiking, fishing, and wildlife watching. The town’s friendly atmosphere and close-knit community provide a welcoming environment for residents and visitors alike, fostering a sense of belonging.
Additionally, Torrington hosts various cultural events, local festivals, and historical sites, such as the Homesteader’s Museum, offering a glimpse into the region’s rich heritage. With its affordable cost of living, safe neighborhoods, and proximity to outdoor adventures, Torrington stands as a testament to the simple joys of life and the beauty found in small-town living.
About Community Hospital
Community Hospital opened its doors in 1977 as a critical access hospital for southeast Wyoming and the bordering Nebraska communities. Having recently completed a $27 million remodel and expansion, this incredible facility has added 13,000 square feet and fully renovated and upgraded critical access area.
The new construction includes: two new operating rooms, an outpatient entry and waiting/reception area, a dedicated blood draw area, private mammography, and ultrasound rooms. It also includes a dedicated cardiac rehabilitation room, sterile clean core areas, and new equipment for anesthesia, as well as an anesthesia office, doctor lounge, staff locker room, environmental services storage, and sterile processing capabilities and sterile corridor. The new building will also include renovations to the pre-and post-operation area. There will also be endoscopy, imaging support, and upgrades to the labs, administration offices, and main lobby and business offices. Patient access services and shell space for a future on-site pharmacy were also completed during this project.
- Nurse to patient ratio 1:3
- 25 bed Hospital
- Patient per year avg: 3048
- 24-hour shifts
- Full time is equivalent to 5 shifts per month.
- Shifts are divided into 4 days per week of physician coverage and 3 days per week of APP/APRN coverage.
- Flexible scheduling to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay: $90/hr
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance– No cost premiums for employees
- 401K with 4% match
- 1-year track to partnership (APPs included)
- No state income tax (for those residing in WY)
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- BERA Account: $3500/year (FT) or $1750/year (PT). Business expense reimbursement account.
- Sign-on bonus eligibility as well as other annual bonus opportunities.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care, to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Rounding on inpatient populations.
- Have strong communication skills to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs with other staff members as necessary.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform minor procedures.
This job description is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Teammates may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
Master or Doctorate’s Degree in Nursing. Or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
· Board Certified with appropriate state licensure.
· All necessary life support certifications as designated by the hospital.
· Preferred 1 year(s) working in primary/family care medicine.
· Minimum 2+ years’ experience working as licensed PA/NP in the ED.
· US citizenship or appropriate work authorization.
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
· Travel may be required
Medium Work – Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expectations of Teammate
“Our core values are all aligned around a culture of service to our hospital partners and our staff.”
- Trust: Always do the right thing.
- Growth: Continuously build on past success.
- Partnership: Every relationship is essential to our success.
- Quality: Constantly enhance experiences by replicating successful practices & innovations.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another, in order to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application. Contact our recruiter below with any questions or to set up an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.