Emergency Medicine Physician, Gillette
About the Opportunity
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction
- Be comfortable working in rural settings
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments
- Have and maintain certification in ACLS, ATLS, and PALS
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient.
- Work with diverse patient demographics
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
About the Community & Facility
Living in Gillette, Wyoming
Offering a scenic setting between the Big Horns and the Black Hills, Gillette, Wyoming is an incredibly beautiful and fun place to be. Residents enjoy diverse activities like biking, camping, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling through the seasons. If you love live music, rodeos, theater, and food, you’ll be in good company. Gillette is home to more than 70 restaurants, as well as Wyoming’s first meadery. The community has a young demographic and provides excellent schools, sports, and activities for children of all ages. As a tax-free state, Wyoming also boasts a variety of housing options, with a mid-size house averaging lower prices than many areas in the U.S.
About Campbell County Health
Since its beginnings in 1953, Campbell County Health has grown to encompass Campbell County Memorial Hospital, a community hospital in Gillette, along with nearly 20 clinics. It also contains the Legacy Living & Rehabilitation Center for long-term care, and the Powder River Surgery Center. Designated as an Area Trauma Hospital by the State of Wyoming, the facility houses approximately 80 physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners across 20 specialties. With over 21,000 patient visits annually, this new facility presents an exceptional rural medicine opportunity.
- Full-Time or Part-Time opportunities available (with flexible shift options)
- Competitive pay: $238.82-262.69/hr
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance– No cost premiums for employees
- 401K with 5% match
- 1 year track to partnership
- No state income tax
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- CME annual allowance
- Semi-annual and annual bonus opportunities
- Sign-on bonus
- Opportunity to join mission trips to Guatemala (4-6x per year)
- Relocation payments available
For housing: down payment up to $100k, or can be used to pay student loans
- Growth opportunities
- Rural healthcare
- Local leadership support and educational opportunity
- Annual patients per hour: 1.1-1.3
- EMR= Pulse Check (changing to EPIC March 2024)
- Day, night, and flexible scheduling, so you can have the work-life balance you deserve.
- Collegial collaboration with the HM department also managed by APW
- Patient care without administrative hassles, allowing more time for high-quality care
- Be patient-focused, friendly, and collaborative in a team setting.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care, to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs with other staff members as necessary.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies, including laboratory diagnostic imaging and electrocardiographic examinations. Administer medications normally considered part of the practice of emergency medicine.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine required: ABEM or ABEOM
- Must be willing to relocate or commute to Gillette, WY
- Must have (within the last 12 months) practiced in an emergency department reflective of the scope noted here, with a census equal to or exceeding 10,000 patient visits per year.
- Must be competent in full scope of standard procedures of emergency medicine
- Must have completed an ACGME- AOA accredited residency or related fellowship
- Must be willing and able to provide case logs for the last 2 years
- Must be open and receptive to feedback (i.e. for patient experience survey)
- We are *only* hiring for FT and PT employment. (Unfortunately, we can’t offer 1099s, or PRN/Locums at this time.)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an unrestricted license to practice in Wyoming
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of one another to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve.
- Competitive compensation
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and then contact our recruiter below to set up an introductory interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097, EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.