Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant, Laramie, Wyoming
Ivinson Memorial Hospital
About the Opportunity
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (APP) to join our hospital in Laramie, Wyoming.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction
- Have a progressive attitude
- Be comfortable working in rural settings
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments
- May need to maintain certification in BLS, ACLS, ATLS, or PALS
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient.
- Work with diverse patient demographics
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
About the Community & Facility
Living in Laramie, Wyoming
Laramie, Wyoming is located on the river between the Snowy and Laramie Mountains. Home to the University of Wyoming, it draws outdoor enthusiasts with its abundance of outdoor activities. Providers can easily access everything they need, while also enjoying a strong sense of community, peace, and quiet. Laramie is also close to many Colorado destinations, including Fort Collins, Denver, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
About Ivinson Memorial Hospital
Ivinson Hospital was constructed in 1917 and has provided world-class care to their community ever since. Originally located in a building now occupied by the University of Wyoming Police Department, they expanded in 1968 to their current location at 255 North 30th Street. A state certified trauma hospital with an average patient volume of 11,500, the hospital continues to expand its services to meet the needs of the Laramie community today.
- Flexible scheduling: full or part-time opportunities available
- Competitive pay ($72/hr)
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance. No cost premiums for employee
- 401K with 5% match
- Profit sharing: 1 Year track to partnership (even for APPs)
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- CME annual allowance
- Semi-annual and annual bonus opportunities
- No state income tax (Wyoming)
- Local leadership support
- Growth opportunities
- Rural healthcare
- 99-bed hospital
- 20-35 patients a day
- APP shifts: from 11am to 9pm
- Physician coverage options: 7am-6pm and 6pm-7am
- Flexible scheduling, so you can have the work-life balance you deserve.
- Provide patient care under stressful conditions.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care; to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs to other member of staff as required.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform minor procedures
- Must be willing to relocate or commute to Laramie, Wyoming.
- Must have a minimum of 1year’s experience in emergency medicine (preference given to those with 2+ years who are comfortable without direct physician supervision)
- We are hiring for FT and PT employment. Unfortunately, we can’t offer 1099s, PRNs, or Locums at this time.
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certifications must be active before the credentialing process can be initiated.
- Must have exceptional critical, clinical, and administrative skills.
- Must have US citizenship and be able to obtain a WY state license.
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of each other, so we are well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and then contact our recruiter below to set up an introductory interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097 EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.