Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant, Kimball, Nebraska
Kimball Health Services
About the Opportunity
Aligned Providers Wyoming, an independent provider-owned group, seeks an experienced emergency medicine advanced practice provider (APP) for our location in Kimball, Nebraska.
Ideal applicants will:
- Have a strong focus on patient satisfaction
- Be comfortable working in rural settings
- Have experience in high-acuity emergency departments
- Have and maintain certification in ACLS, ATLS and PALS
- Be comfortable working without the immediate supervision of a physician
This is an incredible rural medicine opportunity for those who want to:
- Establish and maintain a meaningful connection and understanding of each patient.
- Work with diverse patient demographics
- Live and work in a close-knit and welcoming community
- Give back and serve an underserved population.
About Aligned Providers Wyoming
Aligned Providers Wyoming (APW) is a Wyoming-based, provider-owned ED and HM clinician management group. Since 2016, AP Wyoming has served as a regional group that is highly invested in the community. APW is a tight-knit team and is committed to continually advancing clinical leadership, care quality, and the business side of medicine. Today, APW serves hospitals throughout Wyoming and surrounding regions.
At APW, we work to ensure our clinicians feel fulfilled and are happily invested in coming to work every day. We foster a work environment in which providers are part of a dynamic and well-organized team dedicated to delivering quality healthcare to each and every patient.
About the Community & Facility
Living in Kimball
Tucked in the scenic Lodgepole Valley, Kimball, Nebraska offers the peace and quiet of a rural community with the opportunities of a burgeoning economy. Kimball residents enjoy a short commute, lost cost of living, and a warm sense of community. Beyond the small-town feel, Kimball also offers epic western beauty. As the highest point in Nebraska, Kimball is home to Panorama Point, an outlook 5,424 feet above sea level that overlooks the Rocky Mountains and the peaceful great Nebraska Plains. Learn more about Kimball at: https://www.alignedproviders.com/wyoming/kimball/.
About Kimball Health Services
Since its beginnings in the mid-1900s, Kimball Health Services (KHS) has grown into a modern, efficient medical facility, serving patients and their families throughout western Nebraska, eastern Wyoming and northeastern Colorado. Though still a critical access hospital, the organization is one of the fastest growing critical access hospitals in the area and has steadily expanded its footprint to accommodate additional services and communities. Today KHS is looking forward to moving into a brand-new facility in late 2023.
- Full-Time (120+ hours) or Part-Time (90+ hours) opportunities available
- Competitive pay $76/hr.
- Medical, Dental Vision insurance – No cost premiums for employee
- 401K with 5% match
- 1 Year track to partnership – even for APPs
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage)
- CME annual allowance
- Semi-annual and annual bonus opportunities
- Growth opportunities
- Rural healthcare
- Local leadership support and educational opportunity
- Annual patient volume of 4,000
- EMR = EPIC
- Available shift windows: M-F 7a-5p, Sat 7a-3p
- Flexible scheduling, so you can have the work-life balance you deserve.
- Provide patient care under stressful conditions.
- Provide and manage emergency patient care; to include examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to explain medical situations to patients, families, and staff.
- Coordinate patient care needs to other member of staff as required.
- Understand emergency medical care and have knowledge of various medications and procedures.
- Understand the law regarding confidentiality of patient information.
- Performing minor procedures
- Must have a minimum of 1year’s experience in emergency medicine (preference given to those with 2+ years who are comfortable without direct physician supervision)
- Must be willing to relocate or commute to Kimball, Nebraska (hospital admin provides local free housing for those who commute)
- We are *only* hiring for FT and PT employment. (No 1099, PRN, or Locums positions at the current time.)
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility is required.
- Must have US citizenship and be able to obtain a NE state license.
- Life Support Certifications: BLS, ACLS, ATLS and PALS – (Please note these certifications must be active before the credentialing process can be initiated)
Why Join Aligned Providers Wyoming?
Aligned Providers Wyoming is a tight-knit group of providers who share a dedication to taking care of each other to be well-equipped to take care of our patients. We are devoted to helping clinicians find fulfilling careers where you are empowered to take ownership of your practice and enrich the lives of the patients, coworkers, and communities you serve.
- Competitive compensation
- Independent, clinician-owned group
- Comprehensive benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive, collaborative environment
- Partnership track and profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or any of the others available on our website, we encourage you to submit an application and then contact our recruiter below to set up an introductory interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
800-970-4097, EXT #6
Aligned Providers and Aligned Providers Wyoming are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.